Primary immune deficiency diseases are disorders in which a component of the body’s immune systems is missing or does not function properly. There are a variety of primary immune deficiencies. Because of advances in our medical understanding of them and improvement in some individuals who in the pass would not have survived childhood are able to live nearly normal lives.
For valuable information see the Immune Deficiency Foundation website.
For more information or to speak with my medical staff about your problem and medical history CONTACT US(432-561-8183). They will be happy to answer questions or have Dr. Bray call you back.
10 WARNING SIGNS OF POSSIABLE IMMUNODEFICIENCY
- Four or more ear infections in one year.
- Two of more sinus infections in one year.
- Two or more pneumonia with little effect.
- Two or more months on antibiotics with little effect.
- Failure of an infant to gain weight or grow normally.
- Recurrent deep seated skin or organ abscesses.
- Need for intravenous antibiotics to clear infections.
- Two or more serious deep seated infections including septicemia.
- Family history of primary immunodeficiency.
SOME FAIRLY COMMON IMMUNODEFICIENCIES
- Common variable deficiency.
- IgA deficiency
- IgG subclass deficiency